Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mosaic Monday - Chihuly Glass part 1

For the next few Mondays I will be creating mosaics from different Dale Chihuly exhibits I have photographed across America.  I am starting close to home.

Click on the picture to enlarge it.

This is a permanent exhibit at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art

If you are ever in OKC the Museum of Art is a wonderful place to visit.  Thank you Mary at Little Red House for hosting Mosaic Monday.  Visit her blog and see more beautiful and interesting mosaics.

Until next time,

10 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh Wow! That is a beautiful array of glass in your mosaic. I've seen some Chihuly glass in Arizona and Nevada --he does such unique work.
Happy Mosaic Monday!

Mary said...

Wow, STUNNING! I would love to see his work in person. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful images at Mosaic MOnday. :)

Jackie said...

The color and the collection of glass is just wonderful!

g.suzie said...

I love your DC mosaic, I will be checking in to see your next one. . .We went to one of his exhibits in Seattle Washington and I have thought of his amazing work many times since!

Tes said...

OH my, KCLily what a colorful mosaic. Beautiful and vibrant. You have chosen some lively photos and they come together beautifully!

Brenda said...

I'm from Oklahoma originally. But I've somehow never been to this place. I see I've really missed something unique!
Brenda

Michelle@Sweet Something said...

I am always amazed at his work...have you seen the chandelier hanging at the botanical gardens in St Louis, MO?

Carol said...

I love his work! What a feast for the eyes!

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

Hi KCLily and thank you for showing these works! Dale Chihuly is from Tacoma, WA. We live nearby. They say he got an inspiration for his flowers/plants sculptures from his mother's garden in Tacoma. I want to find that garden. I want to welcome you to Blotanical, I found your blog there.

Tootsie said...

what glorious colors!