Saturday, November 7, 2009

Quilty Goodness


It is finally that time of year when I can do a little quilting.  Except for falling leaves the yard is not requiring much attention.  Below is what is on my design wall.

I took my first beginner quilting class in October 1989 at Hobby Lobby.  In the last 20 years I have only finished 7 quilts.  Raising kids and a career were my priority.....BUT now I am retired and an empty nester!  I decided it was time to start fresh so in October 2009 I took another beginner quilting class at Oklahoma Quiltworks.  The purple quilt above is the sampler doll quilt that we made in class.  The red/brown quilt top is a Disappearing Nine Patch that I will use as a table topper.  Below that is a Ricky Tim's convergence that is an experiment.
Next Friday I am taking a Free Motion Doodling class.  I hope to use that knowledge to quilt and FINISH these 3 little quilts.


This is the BIG quilt project that I am trying to finish.  It is a twin size.  I am attempting to do some straight line quilting and it is just so-so.  I need more practice but that is how you master anything right...practice, practice, practice.

This week we traveled through the panhandle of Oklahoma.  I always check the Quilters' Travel Companion book to see what quilt shops I might find along the way.  In Turpin, Oklahoma I visited Prairie Trails Quilting.  It is owned and operated by Janet Lewis.  I throughly enjoyed my visit with her.

Of course I had to buy something.  I bought 2 Moda Glory charm packs and the X-Blocks Land book to go along with the X-Block ruler that I purchased at Houston IQF 2008.
And lastly I finally got up the nerve to cut into my Kaffe fabrics.  On Wednesdays I am attending Sit-n-Sew at Oklahoma Quiltworks.  It is so nice to devote an entire day to quilt projects.  This is a quilt that was featured in the Quilt Sampler Magazine Spring/Summer 2006.  It is called Springtime in Oklahoma and the designer is Verlinda Magby. 
That is all the quilty goodness I have to share for now.
Until next time,

No comments: