Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Tree Trimming and First Snow

It is a tradition in my home to have a tree trimming party.  I cook and the family comes over and helps me decorate the large tree.  This tree has around 300 ornaments on it so it takes all of us to get it decorated in a day.  The party was this past Saturday so I thought I would share a few pictures of the tree and my new ornaments that I collected during 2010.
This year I put the large tree in the living room.  I put up 5 trees and I will show the other 4 in another post. 
My Mother-in-Law is so good to me.  Every year she buys me the new State of Oklahoma Christmas ornament for my birthday.  This is the 2010 ornament. 
I bought this ornament at the Palace of Versailles in Paris.  We visited Paris in April.
In April we also visited Scotland.  This ornament has the Scottish Thistle in the center. 
In July we went to Branson, Missouri and visited Silver Dollar City.  It was their 50th anniversary. 
While at Silver Dollar City my oldest granddaughter bought my husband (her grandfather) a penguin ornament.  He loves penguins.  She calls him Buddy so she had that written on the side and she gave it to him for his birthday.   
Below you can see some little green boots.  I bought those at Kew Gardens in London. 
And my youngest granddaughter bought her "Buddy" a peace sign.  He calls his car the "peace-mobile".  Every time the grandkids see a peace sign they think of him.   
And speaking of the peace-mobile.  Tonight we got our first snow if you want to call it that.  There is no snow on the roads or ground but it did cover the peace-mobile since it has to sit outside. 
Until next time,


2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Whow... Wath a tree, so nice !
It is so different from our way of decorate the christmas tree.

Elisabeth

Kelly said...

What a gorgeous tree! Those are really nice ornaments too!
Thanks for the sweet comment you left about my little grandmonsters :)
Have a great weekend!
Kelly