Sunday, March 20, 2011

Super Moon

THE MOON came closer to the Earth last night than it has been in almost 20 years, appearing 14 per cent bigger and 30 per cent brighter. 

I took the camera outside around 10pm and it was very cloudy.  I was able to get these shots.
I think the filter that I had on the camera was causing the "blue dot" to appear in the picture.

My husband woke up around 5am this morning and the moon was so bright that he had to go outside and snap these photos.  Again we think the filter was causing the duplicate image. 

Thought I had better blog about this since it won't happen again for 28 years and I will be OLD then....lol. 

Until next time,

3 comments:

Sonia said...

Great pictures!! We looked out last night and the moon was incredible..very pretty! 28 years...yes I will be old...and maybe already in heaven!! LOL

Miss Bloomers

Elisabeth said...

I was out walking with my husband that evening and the moon was so beautiful. A real moonligth walk, kiss, kiss under the moon :-)

Elisabeth

Kelly said...

I went out about the same time you did and the clouds were covering the moon. Then I forgot about it and went to bed and missed the show! So in 28 years I will be old but I want to live to be 100 so hopefully I will still have my mind and hobble outside and take some good pictures! Maybe I will even get a kiss, kiss under the moon too! haha