Friday, July 1, 2011

Quilty Goodness

We are in the middle of a dry, heat wave with daily temperatures in the 100's F.  When it is this hot I work in the yard early in the morning then try to get a little quilting done during the extreme heat of the day.

A few weeks ago I took a paper piecing class at my local quilt shop.  I just loved this christmas tree wall hanging and couldn't wait to take the class.  This is a Alex Anderson pattern.  The pattern has an appliqued border.  I am thinking about using a pieced border.  I have to think about this. 


I am machine quilting this quilt that I made using a jelly roll.  The fabric is Neptune by Tula Pink.  This is half of the quilt.  I machine quilt in sections since the harp of my sewing machine is so small.

I hope to share a few more of the quilt projects that I am working on soon. 
Until next time,

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love the hanging quilt! You do beautiful work.
It sure has been hot here in Oklahoma. Sheesh!
Have a happy 4th of July!
Kelly