Monday, August 8, 2011

I am Recovering

It has been a few days since I had surgery so I thought I should send out a health update.

Surgery was last Wednesday.  It lasted between 5 and 6 hours. I spent one night in the hospital and was released at noon on Thursday.  At first I was on morphine and now I am taking a milder pain killer so my mind is a little fuzzy.  For now I opt for fuzzy mind over the pain. 

On Friday we got the pathology report.  It was good news.  Stage 2 cancer but no cancer was found in any of the lymph nodes.  Tomorrow I met with the doctors.  I will find out if chemo is still needed. 

Thank you for all your prayers.  Prayer and God's grace got me through this. 

That's all for now.
Until next time,

2 comments:

Sonia said...

Oh my goodness! I have not been blogging for almost a month as I have been working long hours at the hospital and overtime! I'm so sorry I didn't see your posts until now! I would of been praying for you my friend..but will start right now!! Hope you are feeling okay...I am a nurse and familiar with the process you have been going through! My heart goes out to you ..and so glad the lymph nodes were clear!! Stay well and strong...take care and you are on the top of my prayer list now! Hugs to you!!

Sonia/Miss Bloomers

Kelly said...

Checking in! Hoping everything is going well and that you got a "no chemo" report.
God Bless!
Kelly