Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm Back

Oh my, it has been a long time since I did a blog post.  My last chemo treatment was a little harder to recover from than the first 2.  I was in bed 4 days, then another 4 days of feeling lousy.  By then it was the day before Thanksgiving.  I was serving Thanksgiving dinner to 15 at my house so I called in my Mom and kids to help me prepare the food.  I could not have done it without them.

I felt good Thanksgiving day.  We had a great day.  I also celebrated my birthday.  I truly cherish my birthdays now.  Cancer can make you look at life differently.  Instead of dreading the fact that I am getting older, I celebrate the fact that I was given another year of life. 

Since then I have been running around frantically trying to get my house decorated for Christmas and get all of my Christmas shopping finished.

You see.....in 3 days I have my 4th chemo treatment and if it is anything like the last one I will be down for over a week.   Yikes, I have Christmas parties to attend, gifts to wrap, christmas caroles to sing.

Enough with the blah blah blah, it will all work itself out. 


One thing I love about this time of year....I get to use my Christmas dishes!!  The pattern is called Winter's Greetings.  I start using it Thanksgiving Day and use it throughout December.



My kids bought me the first 4 place settings and I keep adding to it.  I now have service for 20. 

I hope you are enjoying your holiday season.  Tomorrow I will be doing a post about our Christmas Trees.

Me and Hubby  (see I still have my hair!!) 

Until next time,



3 comments:

Kelly said...

I was just thinking about you and then noticed your new post. So sorry your last treatment was yucky for you. Isn't wonderful to have a family full of love to come and help. I hope you have a better time after your next treatment and you can enjoy all the Christmas festivities!
Oh, I love your dishes!

God bless you!

Sonia said...

So glad to see your post! I love your hutch full of pretty dishes! Beautiful pattern! You look great and I'm glad you still have your hair! I know you enjoyed having your family at your home for Thanksgiving..so glad you had help!
Blessings to you!
Miss Bloomers

Diane said...

I am so pleased that you had a good thanksgiving and felt good on the day. I hope that recovery this time will be quick enough to enjoy Christmas. Glad to see that you still have your hair :))
Love your Christmas crockery it is gorgeous.
Our Christmas this year will be very strange, just the two of us!!
Take care, I think of you often. Diane xx