Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chemo - Bye Bye

Hello blogging friends.  I'm back and feeling great. 

I had my last chemotherapy treatment on January 19 and felt bad for a few days but I feel absolutely normal now.  And I still have all my hair!!  My oncologist is going to make me wait 2 months before they will remove my port.  The port is in my chest and it was used to administer the chemo.  I thought it would be removed immediately but she tells me it is standard procedure to wait 2 months...dang it!

Radiation starts around March 19.  I will go to the hospital every day (5 days a week M-F) for 6 weeks.  I am not looking forward to that. 

For now I have a little break from seeing doctors.  I have been spending my time with family, also quilting and reading. 


I finally finished quilting this quilt.  I machine quilted it using my Bernina Activa 145.  This quilt is for my cats.  They seem to really like laying on it.  And it will keep their fur off my furniture!!

I used fabric from my stash and pieced the backing fabric.


For the binding again I used fabric from my stash and pieced the binding using coordinating fabrics. 


I borrowed this book from my local library.  I really enjoyed reading this book.  It has motivated me to dig in and get rid of things I no longer need.  If you are interested in decluttering your home, organizing your home, simplifing your life and becoming a better steward of this earth then you will find this book to be an interesting read. 

It feels good to be back in the blogging world.
Until next time,

3 comments:

Kelly said...

What a pleasant post to read this morning. I am so happy for you! Well, just think by the time you are finished with the radiation Spring will be here!
I love the kitty's quilt. They are very lucky to own you. haha!
God is good...all the time!

Sonia said...

Welcome back to the blog world! We just got back and it was good to see you stopped in for a visit! So glad the chemo is over and now we need to pray you through the next phase. I love your quilts!! Someday I am going to finish the one my Mom and Granny made together. I think it's called a split rail..not sure of quilt patterns..but it is pretty! Those angel trumpets are so beautiful..I'm glad to know you grew them here...I've never tried..but this year I want to give it a whirl!
Glad you are doing well! Hugs!!
Miss Bloomers

Elisabeth said...

I am so glad that you are back on blogging again. I am happy for you that you had have your last chemo treatment. Lov to see your quilt, lucky cats <3

Elisabeth