Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pocket Frogs for Iphone and Ipad

Cancer has caused me to become an electronic game addict.  I have never and I mean never played electronic games before now.  My kids do, my husband does but not me.  We have a playstation and an Xbox, we even had an Atari back in the day but I never played.  It never interested me.

Then I bought an Iphone and soon after I found out I had cancer.  I was listening to a podcast (in fact it is one of my favorites) called "How much do we love" and they were telling how much they loved the Iphone/Ipad game called "Pocket Frogs".  It is not a new game, it has been around for a while.  It has 5 stars in the app store and the best part....it is free.  I decided to try it and now I am addicted to it. 

I took a few screen shots of my frogs. 
Part of my collection
Aren't they pretty?  This game has really helped me get through my days battling cancer.  I play it while I am in waiting rooms and while I was taking chemo.  It helps pass the time and is a pretty mindless game.  It takes my mind off Doctors!!

Froggy habitat
Once while I was taking chemo I forgot to mute my phone and the frogs crock.  I started playing, the frogs were crocking and patients were looking around for the frogs.  I was embarrassed, muted my phone, apologized and everyone laughed, nurses included.

My daughter wrote a blog post about this game on her blog (I have her hooked now!)  See her post here.  You will also read a little about her mental disorder that she battles. 

Breeding frogs in the pond
My daughter calls it a calming task.  It is a game that will slow down your mind when you have a million thoughts running through it. 

So if you have a Iphone or a Ipad and you need a calming task I highly recommend Pocket Frogs. 

Until next time,

2 comments:

Diane said...

I only have a 12 year old Nokia mobile which is probably good. If I had an iPhone I would never do any work LOL. I am really glad though that something so simple is so effective for both you and your daughter. Take care and keep well. Thinking of you Diane

Sonia said...

I am scared of frogs..especially if they are pocket frogs!!! Happy Valentine's Day!
Miss Bloomers