Saturday, May 15, 2010

May Garden


It has been rainy here for the past week.  Before the rains started I had snapped a few pictures of my flowers.  Enjoy a short walk through the garden.
The pink rose on the left is Knockout 'Radcon' and the red rose is Tess of the D'Uerbvilles.  The red rose has special meaning.  My grandmothers name was Rose.  When she died I sent this rose bush to her funeral knowing that I would bring it home and plant it in my garden.  Red was her favorite color.  I always think of  her when it is bloom knowing she would be thrilled that she still lives on in my garden.
The Shasta Daisys have reseeded everywhere but I don't care because they are so cheerful.  My favorite movie is "You've Got Mail".  In the movie Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan) loves daisys because they brighten her day.  I have to say I love them also. 
Another favorite of mine are Columbines.  These are McKanas Giants that I grew from seed several years ago.  They continue to reseed each year. 
This is a piece of the front yard.  When I took this picture there wasn't anything blooming but now I have Coreopsis that have just opened.  Pictures of those will follow when the weather cooperates.
Until next time,

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Lovely garden. I have a few roses also - used to have many and I need to update my roses and plant some new ones to take the places of several that died over the years.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Kelly said...

You have a beautiful garden. I love the bridge. Your Shasta's are pretty, pretty.
Can you believe this weather?! I'm ready for some sunshine!
Have a great week!
Kelly

Sonia said...

Pretty garden and I love your roses...my garden just got baseball sized hail damage today..will take a while to recover...hope you and yours are all safe!!

Miss Bloomers