Monday, August 24, 2009

Baseball Quilt for BFFL

I finished this quilt 3 weeks ago.  I made it for my best friend who lives in Indiana.  She is a big Chicago Cubs fan who married a big Cincinnati Reds fan this past May.  I made this quilt as a wedding gift for them.  I had to add a little St. Louis Cardinals and a lot of Texas Rangers since those are my teams.

The pattern I used is called Charming Log Cabin by the Threaded Pear Studio.  It is a good pattern for using those large prints you might have in your stash. 

The quilt is 66"x88".


I used fleece on the back so the quilt would be very warm and soft.  The primary fleece on the back is Cincinnati Reds with a little Cubs running along each edge.

I gave them the quilt last week and they both loved it.  It will get to stay at their lake house and keep them warm during those cold Indiana nights this winter. 










Bye for now,

Kclily

1 comment:

Tootsie said...

I wish I could do such beautiful work!