Sunday, August 9, 2009

Butterflies Everywhere

It is so exciting when there are dozens of butterflies in the garden.




Aren't they just beautiful creatures?

I have my gourds growing on a piece of fencing that forms an A frame shape. They look pretty in the garden but so far no gourds :(

I am also growing "Moon and Stars" watermelons. You can tell that the foliage is also speckled with stars. This is an heirloom variety. I save the seeds every year and grow them mainly because I think they are pretty.

I had fun this week trying to photograph some of my quilts outside. I am a member of "The Quilt Show", an on-line quilt show hosted by Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. This is the 2009 block of the month quilt and this is just the center of the quilt. I am still working on the outer borders.
I am studying French so for now...Salut!
Kclily

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your photos of your garden are gorgeous! I just love your feathered star quilt top.

MA said...

Hi there! I'm a friend of Red Dirt and stopped in to welcome you to the blogosphere!

Kathleen said...

I love your botm its gorgeous