Friday, September 25, 2009

Fertilizer Friday - September 25 2009

It's Friday and time to Flaunt Your Flowers.....if you still have anything blooming!

This week the annual State Fair is being held in Oklahoma City. My family loves the fair and we have been spending a lot of time there so not much time for pictures of the yard. I'll post more about the fair later.
I did have time to snap a few pictures of my miniature roses that have started blooming again.
I try really hard to document everything that is growing in my yard but I cannot find the label for this rose and it is absolutely stunning. The picture does not do it justice. The little blooms are about 1 inch across. Wish I knew the variety so I could share it with you.

This mini rose is called Sunsplash Everblooming but here in Oklahoma it stops blooming when the temperatures are above 90 degrees. It is very happy now that the temperatures are not getting above 80.

Hope you can visit again next Friday. If you have time pop on over to Tootsie Time to see more fall blooms. Thank you Tootsie for hosting Fertilizer Friday.












6 comments:

Unknown said...

Your roses are beautiful. I just noticed my hubbies miniature rose is starting to bloom again also. Oops forgot to get a pic of it. I love the fair too although we haven't gone much in the last few years. Need to work on that!

Erin said...

I can't keep miniature roses alive, but I think they're so terrific. I always imagine them as fairy-sized. Hidden treasures and all that...thanks for sharing what they can look like!

Tootsie said...

my roses always die and I use our climate as my excuse....but we all know that tootsie is no rose lady! lol
yours are just so pretty and healthy!!! Perfect is the word...thanks for linking in and sharing with me.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I love miniature roses, I never have luck with them though. Yours look so healthy and pretty!

Linda said...

Lovely miniatrue roses.

Carolyn said...

Your miniature roses are so pretty!

Carolyn