Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sewing Again

Today there has been a light rain all day long.  This means I get to sew a little.  At a recent quilt show in Oklahoma City I bought a jelly roll of Moda's Tula Pink Neptune fabric.  I had been inspired by Old Red Barns quilt along and thought the jelly roll strips would make for quick piecing of a scrappy rail fence. 

So you can see I pieced a few blocks today.
I am cutting the strips 8 1/2 inches long, 4 strips per block. I put 4 various strips together then criss-crossed them for each block.  I have 33 more blocks to piece.
Well, I better get back to piecing before the sun comes out and I have to start pulling weeds again.
Until next time,
Kclily

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Rainy days are so good for sewing and it looks like you got a ton accomplished.

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

Hasn't the rain been splendid. I'm kind of embarrassed that I slept most of the day, but I didn't feel very well. I love your quilt design. I've made a few quilts, although I don't consider myself a quilter anymore than I am a knitter. I'm not that good. :) ~~Dee