Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mosaic Monday - Shades of Yellow

It seems like everywhere I look outdoors there is something yellow blooming.  The wild sunflowers are everywhere.  We had a wild fire go through our community last April and where there were burned trees there are thousands of yellow wild sunflowers coming up.  It is beautiful.  So I felt like my Mosaic Monday should be Shades of Yellow, pictures taken in my yard and my daughters yard.

Blooming in my yard this week are yellow.....cannas, lantana, zinnia, melampodium, wild sunflowers and my watermelon plants are still blooming.  The shrubs with yellow varigated foliage are Acuba, Euonymus and Tapioca plant.   The large wild sunflowers are in my daughters yard, aren't they just beautiful?
Every Monday Mary at Little Red House hosts Mosaic Monday.  Click on this link to see what others are sharing for their Mosaic Monday. 

10 comments:

storyteller at Small Reflections said...

Beautiful yellow blossoms in your lovely mosaic. How interesting that they appeared in the aftermath of the fire. I hope no one was injured.
Hugs and blessings,

Ebie said...

Orange and yellows are some of my favorite colors. Beautiful blooms inspite of the fire! Lovely mosaic!

Ebie's Mosaic

Mary said...

Oh my gosh, so beautiful, especially when enlarged! Thanks so much or sharing your lovely images at Mosaic Monday. :)

Wildflowerhouse said...

Just beautiful. Amazing what a wildflire will produce. I have heard that burning your wildflowers produce more the next year. Have not tried it... Sharon

Carol said...

Gorgeous flowers! Enjoyed your mosaic!

Tootsie said...

OUTSTANDING!!! what a beautiful display of yellow flowers

Anonymous said...

What a lovely sunny happy mosaic. I know I saw a garden with a cluster of sunflowers all together recently and it certainly made me smile like your mosaic has.Thank you, Jackie.

~JarieLyn~ said...

The sunflowers are so bright and colorful. Your mosaic is very cheerful.

Carolyn said...

Lovely yellow flowers!

Carolyn

Cal said...

A liitle bit of sunshine in this form is always welcome. Great mosaic.